Thursday, October 15, 2015

More First Quilts Continued.

More First Quilts:
For Christmas 2006 and Valentine's Day 2007 everybody got  quilts. Patchwork placemats, a chess set, a board game copied from Brian's childhood Snakes and Ladders, a bright Valentines gift to Paul and Malinda, still newlywed, and an even brighter large quilt for Joe and Vera, because they were moving to Alaska. The color scheme was what I remembered from my stay in Greenland with the rocks and ice and water and the orange polar poppies. But the quilting on the two larger quilts is the most awful I ever did.  Much to learn, I should have sent them to a quilter with a longarm. 
Back of chess board


Chess pieces of felt put onto wine corks; I believe they fell over.

My first attempt to use my computer's printer to print on cloth.

The English game board from the WWII years copied onto a quilt.

A long armed quilting machine.
Same price as a small car.

The Valentine quilt


Quilting not very extensive, didn't know better.

The Alaska quilt for Joe and Vera. 



Again very little quilting and done on my own machine. 

Place mats were easier!

Had fun with all my scraps.

This is how some of the BQG quilters basted their large quilts,  before quilting them by hand. Now most people machine quilt and spray baste them, or send the quilt tops to professional quilters. This photo was taken in January 2006, not even ten years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment