Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Name of my Blog

Last year was the first time I tried to sell some of my fabric creations. I needed a name.
I chose SUNSTITCH. The evolution of this name is explained on my webpage: www.sunstitcher.com
I also write a different blog: "brev fra Alabama" It's is very exclusive, in that it can only be read by the approx. 5 millions, who understand Danish. But writing it forces me to use my native language.
Having written every two weeks for more than a year, I think I have disciplined myself enough to try yet another blog; this time to tell about my love affair with fabrics.
Let me explain my fabric shelf. I'm big on recycling, so when I saw this shelf at the back of my school building, I asked if I could take it.
ROTC had to have bigger shelves - maybe for bigger boots - and yes it was mine for the taking.
Luckily we have a friend, who could bring it home in his pick-up truck.
It then sat in the garage for ten years unused - until I retired.
That's six years ago and I had the grand idea that I was a quilter.
After five years with the BQG, I'm not so sure. More about this on later posts.
But fabrics. Oh, I love fabrics, and can't wait the share some of my prize finds with you'll.
I'm new to Blogspot, and I'm still trying to figure out all it's intricacies. So bear with me.
I'll see if I can post every week? I't wont hurt, if I get some feedback, so please e-mail me.
Any comment will be cherished.

2 comments:

  1. Gerda!Fun story on the shelves, and neat that the blog pushes your writing skills. I look forward to seeing more of your projects.
    Love,
    Ginny Eckley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Mrs. O'Leary- i love getting little glimpses of your fascinating "retirement"- we would be kindred spirits if only I had half your energy:-)! Maybe your posts can be little motivational palanka/levers to help fulcrum me into action....

    ReplyDelete