Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guess What They Are?
These are the fruits from my "Juglans Californica" tree, and since I didn't get any last year, I can't wait to get my fingers dirty- literally, if I'm not careful - this year. I'll find recipes in my books on natural dyes, but you can google 'dyeing with black walnuts' and many dyers willingly give their recipes for browns, grays and blacks. October ought to be called Natural Dyes Months. Goldenrod are everywhere begging to have their heads chopped off and supplying us with wonderful yellows and greens. Sharon Bull told me about a website of an artist using the black walnuts for her 'mouthwatering' fabric art.Check out http://spiritcloth.typepad.com/cloth whispering/

1 comment:

  1. ahh- you are such a delightful artist- can't wait to see the fabric colors you get from this:-)

    ReplyDelete